Wednesday, March 17, 2010

So which one should we pray more about?

So I know I haven't written in a while, but I feel that I am always on a soapbox & just complain about my patients. Which by the way have behaved themselves very nicely this week. Maybe they are getting the memo. Well I know one who didn't & she about pushed me over the edge. But I will not go into that, I will just let it go. Things in the nursing field are great & I love the people I work with. They are wonderful people that keep me laughing & wanting to get up every morning at 5.30 am to just laugh & have a great time. In a few weeks is a orthopedic conference in Girdwood & a bunch of us girls are leaving the husband/boyfriends at home & sharing room. It will be fun & I doubt I will get any sleep. If the snow is still good, we are going to go cross country skiing. This will last 2 minutes because, A: I am out of shape & B: Because I will probably fall every 2 seconds. I am getting excited & am looking forward to the conference.
Alright to the title of the blog. Prayer. Prayer is a funny thing. I kneel down by my bed about every night & I think about it before I pour out my heart & soul. What is so different about tonight's prayer then last nights. I try not to pray about the same thing. However, I actually do, but attempt to word it different. I wonder if he gets tired of me praying about this or that, or if he is really saying ENOUGH, have patience's I will answer it. It remind me of a child saying repeatedly, please, please, pretty please, please with a cherry on top. I always have to chuckle. But every night I kneel down & do pray for certain things about every night. One of course being adoption, but now it is something else that is big. In fact, so big I am about to put the adoption prayer on hold & focus on this. Alright here it is. I don't know if I wrote about Brad applying to the Boise Fire Department. Well if I didn't here you go. A few months ago, Brad & I were talking about fire fighting jobs & with the economy the way it is & getting to old to apply. Anchorage probably won't hire for like a million years with all the cuts they are making. So on with the story. We were looking at departments in Seattle WA, Portland OR & I even looked at SLC. Crazy I know. But Brad mentioned something about Boise, ID. So why not look & low & behold they were testing this year. Brad decided to fill out there employee interest card & that the closing date for that would be March 15th. Soooooooooooo, finally after waiting for like forever, it finally closed. Now we just want for the letter on where & when the test is & Brad will be off to take that test. They do a few things different then Anchorage. He doesn't fill out an application until after he passes the test. Then he fills out the application & goes to do an interview. Then if he passes the interview then he goes & takes all the other test & then he is ranked & put on a list. Then Boise will pull from the list when there are positions to fill. At this time we are praying to be put on the list. The list is good for 2 years. I am excited & very nervous about even thinking of moving. But right now we just need to focus on one thing at a time. His written exam. It will be in May sometime. When he passes that, then we will worry about the application & interview. So the big question is, do we pray for 2 big/huge things or do we just focus on one thing at a time. I do want to adopt really bad, but I want Brad to make BFD more. Mostly because it will benefit our family. I can focus on being a stay at home mom, if I have the patience's or not. I think it would open the doors for our family if Brad was able to make it on. Of course my mother-in-law would be thrilled to have Brad closer. Even though he doesn't really talk to his family. No fighting, just Brad doesn't talk. It is his fault completely. He is the quiet one. I feel so bad for Heavenly Father & my prayers. He has to giggle when I phone in. Now the blog will now be geared to Brad's journey to the Boise Fire Department. I really hope & pray it happens. I know our family will be so blessed. I know that there is a plan out there for us. Yes we dictate which way that plan will go through our free agency, but I know if we live the gospel worthily & do what we need to do & pay our tithing that our choices will take us to the plan the He wants for us. It is very hard to think about moving, especially moving away from my amazing nieces, who of course I adore. But I know it is something that needs to be done for the sake of our family. Now we just pray & do our best & leave the rest to Him.

3 comments:

  1. Are you sure you're a convert?? haha!! you are the best, Sarah. I feel the same way you do about repetition in prayers; but I couldn't have worded it so ... cutely. Please, please, with a cherry on top? HA. This might be strange, but tonight while I was watching America's Next Top Model (i know... I know), I was thinking about how I say my prayers (this is before I read your blog, even!) and how I say "Please" before just about everything I ask for. My rational for this was, "well, what's wrong with having manners in prayers?" haha! OKay.. back to your blog.

    I think you should keep praying for both things; they could be coming hand in hand! Whether you move to Boise or not, I think they WILL be coming hand in hand. If you stay here, you'll adopt here, but if you move, you'll probably adopt there! : D So it's a win win... so keep those hopes alive and those prayers big. I think Heavenly Father knows we rely on Him for everything; and we need Him. Especially for those big things. Keep on askin'. I think He appreciates it. .. I love prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if it makes you feel better, Boise is an AWESOME place to live. That is where we moved from and we hope to move back in the near future. The climate is awesome and the people too. If you go, I would be just a bit jealous but SO happy for you! It is a beautiful city!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! I am wondering if maybe a move and a new job for Brad (that let's you focus on being at home), is the door opening for the adoption!! How wonderful it would be to finally have the baby, AND not have to go back to work!! I think that you know in your heart, what you need to pray most for when you kneel and listen, then pray!! If Heavenly Father wants you to stop praying about something, He will send the Spirit to tell you! ;) I know Brad will do wonderfully on the testing! Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help! We will be praying for you guys. Eric doesn't talk to anyone except Mom on a regular basis either! Silly boys! We do think of you guys all the time though, we miss you and love you tons!
    Keep praying, and we will pray for you too!
    Tons of Love,
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete