Monday, March 22, 2010

Boise, MD Apt & IVF

Yes, I said IVF. Thought I wouldn't be saying that for a very long time. But I did. Crazy. Last time I checked hell hasn't frozen over just yet. Today I had my annual apt. Always a favorite in a girls life. One day of the year that you dread but know it is something that you have to do. For me it is a day that reminds me that my organs are very special & need tending. I went in fully expecting to schedule surgery. Lets recap. Two plus years ago I had surgery to figure out why no babies & I was officially diagnosed with endometriosis. Dr. Counts said that I needed to go on 6 months of Lupron injections & then do another more intense surgery to clean out all my yucky stuff. Well my fertility nurse put a stop to that & said no. Lupron can kill a portion of my eggs & decrease getting pregnant through IVF. So after about a year Brad & I decided to try IVF. Well as you know that didn't work & I vowed NEVER to do it again. Lets put it this way, it was the MOST uncomfortable thing I have ever done & hell would be frozen before I would attempt that again. So needless to say Brad & I went to my apt & Dr. Counts talked with us about 2 options. Mostly money related. Do we wants to put money into trying IVF again or do a robotic procedure to clean up my goodies. What a decision. She says NOT to go to previous MD again but to travel to Seattle & have it done down there. Where they will completely knock me out & I wouldn't have to feel the joys of a needle going in & out, in & out, in & out 5x in my ovary with little sedation. Before trying the robotic procedure. So Brad & I left with a lot on our minds. Well we get home & check our mail & yippee.... We got the first, we hope of many, letters from Boise FD. It was the letter telling Brad to fill out the exam acceptance & paying $20 & mailing it back to them. Brad was right on it with filling it out & getting the $20 money order & getting it out in the mail for tomorrow pick-up. Brad & I talked, well actually I talked & Brad listened, about waiting until after the Boise FD application/exam/interview process is over before thinking about IVF. We looked to see if they have a IVF clinic in Boise & they do. We will continue w/adoption & if we go to Boise then we will do the IVF again. But for now we will focus on Boise & pray that my goodies don't get so bad that I will have to have surgery again. Oh, Brad's test will be between May 8th and 22nd. I hoping for a Monday, so he doesn't have to miss work. But they said they won't send the testing letter until the 3rd week of April. Maybe with Brad they will let him know earlier because he needs to travel so far. Again in our life, we wait some more. Nothing new.
Oh, I have to say this. We are reading from the Old Testament in Sunday school & we have just got done w/Genesis. What I have learned was that a few of the great Prophet's wives couldn't conceive. Well when they finally did, they gave birth to great leaders. Soooooo. Maybe I will give birth to the next prophet. HAHAHAHAHA. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been nice to learn from there experiences & how they leaned upon the Lord for support. But I to would laugh like Sarah, if I was told that I would give birth at 99 yrs old.

1 comment:

  1. Dang it, I thought I commented on this when I read it right after you posted!!!! sorry... I guess I was bloggiting..

    I am so SO excited for you guys. I know something great is in store for you. I don't know HOW or WHEN it will come... but I just KNOW IT. :)

    ReplyDelete