Sunday, February 21, 2010

So the other day...

Brad & I were watching Julie/Julia. A movie about a person writing a blog while cooking Julia Childs recipes & her experiences. At the same time you get a look into Julia Childs' life. There was one part in the movie that made me stop & cry a few little tears. In the movie she receives a letter from her sister that was recently married that told her that she was pregnant. When she read that she turned and cried into her husbands shoulder. For that brief moment in the movie I felt her pain. I to have cried many times in my husband shoulder with news of people getting pregnant. I don't want to sound like I am not happy when my friends or family announces they are pregnant. I am truly happy for them. I am excited to go to their baby showers or even throw them a baby shower. I do pray & wish to expand our family. I truly daydream about the day when it does happen. I can't wait.
Today in church I had to attend another ward for their ward conference. The joys of my calling is attending other wards for their conferences. I get to meet so many women. During Relief Society I get to introduce my self & tell them a little bit about my self. I say I am an RN, married & have no children. I, of course follow that with, "we are hoping to adopt soon." After the meeting a sweet sister came up to me & told me that after 6 yrs of marriage her & her husband adopted a boy & he just returned off his mission. She gave me a little glimpse into pain of what I am going through. She knew what I was going through. I love that she didn't say to me, keep the faith & hold on or there is a baby out there for me. But she just understood. I know I am not a lone with this challenge & I know that Brad & I will one day be parents. When I don't know. Hopefully not when I am 99 yrs old. I am truly thankful that I do have this time with Brad. He is my rock & my love. I couldn't have asked for a better husband. He had been the best through all my testing, shot giving & hormone imbalance. I truly can't wait to see Brad as a dad. He will be the BEST dad in the world. I can't even explain how he is with kids & how patient he is with them. People may say I am biased. But when he gets father of the year, you will then find out truly how amazing he is. I know the Lord has His hand in all things & I love praying at night & pouring my heart & soul out to Him. I can't thank Him enough. He is truly my Heavenly Father. So I will continue to wait & be very excited for all that get pregnant around me. Because I know that my day will come & the WHOLE world will know:):)

2 comments:

  1. I look at your blog from time to time. i hope you dont mind. I just have to tell you how much I admire you. You are struggling with something that I imagine must be SO hard, yet you are at EVERYONE's baby showers and you support and love everyone around you. I really admire that in you. I sure want to know when you bring that little one home, cause I will be SO happy for you!! You WILL have one BIG baby shower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen is SOO right. You are the greatest example of patience, endurance, and strength. I love you Sarah!

    ReplyDelete