Thursday, September 10, 2009

Philippians 4:13

Brad's parents are the best. Every year around our anniversary they give us a gift that represents the # of years you have been married. This year (5) was wood, duct tape or I forgot. Well they choose wood. They made us a framed saying. I think Laurie in fact embroider it. Anyway. It is a scripture that is the theme of our life, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." How true it it. ID Thomas Family you are the best. Thank you. If we had a computer that worked fantastically, we would down load a picture, but for now, it is awesome. Thank you. I have married into the BEST family.
Adoption update. I, in fact wanted to put the title Roller Coaster of Adoption. But we all know that is true. I will admit I can be inpatient. The birth mother told us that we have to go through her agency & so we looked into & wrote them with a list of questions. Yes, I was told it may take till the end of the week for a response. But I would like to know NOW the answers. If I were them, I would be all over it. Especially since she is due in less then 5 weeks. I am actually shocked that they haven't been more active in it. Or maybe there is something that I don't know & we are in the dark. Maybe the father has said no or something like that & the birth mother is afraid to say anything or maybe the agency is encouraging her to pick a couple that has already gone through them. Or maybe she has just changed her mind. As you can tell, all kind of stuff has gone through my mind. I just wish someone would at least write us & let us know something. If she is afraid to tell us that she has chosen another path, she can email or have someone else call us. To tell you the truth I want her to look at our agency & go through ours. It would make life so much easier. But who said this was going to be easy. I called our agency the beginning of the week & the person that represent us & the women that represents the birth mother called to see what they can do to help or to get our home study done. They were on top of it & see what they can do to help. I can tell you this it isn't about the money. We found out that the church ends up subsidising about $16,000-$17,000 per adoption. I was shocked & thankful that they do that. But our house study was done tonight & it went well. The couple that came over & did it, were so nice & very helpful. If this adoption doesn't happen, we at least will have everything done & probably go live at the end of the month. So anybody can look at our profile on line, nation WIDE.
Anyway, I should be going. I am tried & have clinic tomorrow with another doctor. Hope everyone is enjoying life & the little challenges that go along with it.

4 comments:

  1. I think I saw the couple's car - a silver Camry? :P I can't help but wonder every day how everything is going with all of this. Good to hear that the home study went well! Sorry about the whole roller coaster thing though.. "wave your arms in the air, like a wanna be frat boy tryin' to get down." (freecreditreport.com commercials - ugh, they get stuck in my head so easily!) ha ha

    Good luck in clinic tomorrow!! I need to come in to the clinic soon to show Mont to everyone. ... what day to you recommend? is there any 'slow(er) day?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah,
    I am sorry to hear that things are so much in question. Too many important answers left unaddressed. I agree, I am a little surprised that your questions wouldn't be the first to be answered, since the birth is so close. Maybe they have another one closer, who knows? I am probably way ignorant in asking this, but would it be totally wrong of you to call/email the birth mother and ask how she and the baby are doing, and maybe get a feel for things while you are at it? While you are waiting to hear from her agency, are you still on the "actively looking" list with yours? I don't know how that works, sorry. We will pray that, if nothing else, you will have answers soon. I know it must be horribly hard to not know. Oh, I have to agree with you again....we did marry into the BEST family ever didn't we!! I am grateful to be a member of the Thomas family, for sure! :) I know that Mom hates to shop, but I do love the time, thought and love she puts into our anniversary gifts...it is so fun to see what the next year holds! Love you guys TONS....hope you both have a wonderful day! Congrats. on the home study...I knew you would do great!!

    Miss Ya,
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Sarah! Here you are proofing your house and today while I was taking a nap Caleb and Kali were tying each other up and seeing how fast they could go down the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be wondering those same things if I were you and asking the same questions, I hate being out of the loop when you're 'suppose' to be the one involved. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete