Monday, September 14, 2009

32 & 17


I turned 32 on the 13th & I watch 17 Again. I just have to say, if there was a Zac Efron in my school, he wouldn't give me the time of day. Yummy!!! Oh & the boys at my school defiantly did NOT look like him. He is nice looking, I am just a sucker for blue eyes. Well the movie made me think, if I went back to high school would I do it all over again or actually make the same choices. I have to say yes. Because I loved what happened after high school. If I changed one thing of high school, it wouldn't have been able to experience my after high school. I do know I probably wouldn't put so much energy of liking one boy. Which who ever went to high school with me, knew who that was. Also, I think I would have not taken so many things personal. Now I could care less. Why I took it personal, I have no idea. In fact, I think, because I took it so personal I was afraid to experience new things or put myself out there. But then again, it was high school. Now after high school. FUN!!! That I wouldn't change. It seems so long ago. 1996-98 I was living in St. George going to Dixie College & enjoying all the many things. Now most of my friends from that time are married & have more then 3 kids. Oh & Dixie is a 4 yr school not a 2 yr. 1998-2000 Mission in Italy. Never thought that would happen. In fact, I was eating pasta when I was filling out my papers. Loved my mission. The people I served with & served where amazing. Wish I could go back every year. Can't wait to go when the Temple is dedicated. 2000-2002 was at University of Utah. Good 2 years. An era that changed me. I knew graduating college with a bachelors degree was in view & then it disappeared when I changed my major to nursing & home I came. 2002-2004 Nursing School. Gooooooo UAA!!! I never thought I would EVER return & go to UAA. But I had great nursing friends that helped me through. It was a challenge but the support from family & friends, I finished. To think, if I changed one thing, how much my life would be different. Now my life consist of loving my husband, 2 dogs & awaiting for a wonderful baby to enter our life. I love being a nurse & I am thankful for all the blessings that we have received. I know that with all the challenges I have meet in my life, He has had the upper hand. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. your posts are always so reflective, pensive, and full of gratitude. I love that you take moments to think about where you are in life, and what it means to you to have gotten where you are. :) You are the best. 17 Again... loved that movie! I think we're going to have to throw 'movie nights' in our house when movies come out (because we'll be out of the theatre crowd) once your little guy comes. AAHHH... just SAYING that makes me SMILE!

    ReplyDelete