Saturday, September 5, 2009

"It's going to be a good, good night!"

Do you ever just listen to a song & no matter what, it puts you in the best mood. Well I have to admit it is the one by Black Eyed Peas new song, Good Night something. But no matter how mad I am or how bummed I am, I just listen to that song & immediately get all excited & start dancing & singing. I must look very odd while driving:):) The funny part is, people at work know this & will leave messages on my phone with this song. After this week I needed it playing ALL the time. Work was rough, but do able. I almost killed my doctor & all my patients. I know that sounds horrible. But I couldn't please ANYBODY. No matter what I did, my patients weren't happy. My mom always says, you can't always please everybody. All well, the joys of being a nurse.
Another thing that happened this week. The birth mother wrote us & asked us to get in contact with her agency to get the ball rolling on the adoption. She didn't say it like that, but she did tell us to call someone in her agency to see what needs to happen. In fact, she didn't say that she chose us & so I was like, did she choose us or not. I am so confused. I called Brad & read him the letter & he said it sounds like it. Then I called some of my co-workers to help figure it out. They wanted me to write her & clarify, but I was afraid to sound like an idiot, which happens quit often. But when we called her agency they asked us to go to their website & see if that is what we wanted. We have written them with a list of questions & we will see how much they will work with us. I know they representing her & what is in her best interest. Other then that, we are so excited. But are aware that anything can happen between now & then. We just pray that it goes well & no matter what, we need to keep that faith that everything is in the Lord's hands. She is having a boy & is due in 5 weeks or so. Scary for her. Coming to the end. Everyone asks about names & we have a couple, but probably decide till the very end. We have so many emotions going through us it is nuts. Now we wait & see what will happen.

3 comments:

  1. that is a good, good song. :o) and perfect for your days this week, I think. SARAH i'm praying so hard. and I've got all fingers and toes crossed (not really, I think I'd need a visit to your doctor if I did that...) that it will work out through the end. I'm SO dang thrilled for you and Brad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you had such a rough week! I can't imagine how hard it is to be so excited about the baby, yet trying not to get your hopes up too much, just in case! I know that you and Brad will be blessed with a baby...even if something happens and it isn't this one. As you have said many times, the Lord has a plan for you....and HE is looking out for YOUR best interest!
    Love & Prayers,
    Michelle :)
    PS Ethan was at the table having lunch a bit ago, he was talking about something else all together, but then he just starts saying over and over..."Uncle Brad and Titi are at the water beach..." He is a funny boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is exciting, i really hope it works out. I'll cross my fingers too.

    xo,
    Celeste

    BTW, I love that song too. I need to add it to my running playlist because it can really pump you up.

    ReplyDelete