Monday, August 31, 2009

Thank you:)

I start out with a huge thank you. Mostly because so many things have happened in our life that we are VERY thankful for. The number one thing right now is our nephew Henry is growing an immune system. You may think that maybe a small thing, but for what he has had to go through, this is a HUGE, no what is bigger then huge, ENORMOUS. He is a year & a half & he has been through more then I have been through over my 32 yrs. He is an amazing little guy. I beg you to read my sister-in-law's blog, Miners to the right. Besides the little man, his parents are amazing to have gone through this. I know this has been a huge struggle for them & I know that the Lord will bless them & has blessed them more then anything. I hope that her husband will take her on a vacation just the two of them. Maybe on a cruise or to Hawaii & rent a little place on the beach & just be the two of them. I can't thank Heavenly Father enough for helping him. I know the fight isn't over, but I know he has gone through so much. I know the Lord has held him in the roughest of times & I know that he has comforted him more then I can comprehend. He is our Savior, our Comforter & our Father. I am thankful for Him & all that He does.
Even at times that I think, are you serious. He surprises us with greatness. I know that we all go through our trials & sometime you just want to give up, but you can't, you have to fight. Even if it small, you still need to fight. Life is too short to just let it pass you by. I am thankful for the trails I have gone through. I am thankful that I wasn't the smartest one in the class or the fastest. I am thankful for the challenges that have been in front of me. They make me who I am & at times they define me. Keep going, keep fighting. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

3 comments:

  1. THIS IS WONDERFUL! I want to read your in-laws blog but just haven't done it yet. I'm so glad you give me updates on him. That is so so great!! I'm so happy for your little nephew. I can't imagine how hard it has been.. on him and on his parents. It has to be horribly difficult to watch your little child go through something so hard and terrible. I can't imagine. I'm so happy that things are going well for him now!! They deserve it. And a Hawaiian beach house while we're at it! I'll start praying for that as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah P. Thanks so much for your love and support. I so wish we could be closer so you could come and see Henry! He's doing so well and every day we are blessed with small miracles that would seem like nothing to many people, but I know the Lord is responsible. I have been blessed with wonderful family and friends to strengthen me and uplift me through this, I couldn't have done it on my own, and with out the knowledge of the gospel. You're the greatest! Hugs.
    Lisa Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you, Sarah...I think that Lisa and Joel could use a little one on one time when Henry is doing much better. The stress that trials can put on a family/marriage....I have to say though, I am not sure what I would want more if I were in that situation....time for the two of us or FINALLY having my whole family back together! Maybe a weekend for one on one and then back to family life?
    Anyway, I love reading your blog...Lisa's too...I guess I should look into setting one up....we'll see. :) Miss Ya!
    Love,
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete