Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Adoption Update

I know, I know, I have posted a lot. Just one more thing. I debated on posting this or not, I think mostly because of getting our hopes up. But before we left for our cruise Brad received a phone call from some friends in our ward & a young lady that works in his office that is pregnant is wanting to put her child up for adoption. Well he told her about us & one thing lead to another & we had an interview or a get together with her. Can I tell you I have never in my life been so nervous. How do you start out a conversation with her. Oh, hi we want to adopt your kid. It actually turned out pretty well. I think. She is a very, very nice girl & full of so much positive energy. It was so much fun talking to her. Poor Brad, he just listened most the time & at times he wanted to say something but the conversation would change so quickly that he felt weird saying something that was like 20 conversations ago. For example. We asked her what she liked to read & she said historical novels & Sci-fi. Well Brad was like perfect I love sci-fi & was about to say so & boom we were off on another conversation. We laughed about it that night when we talked about it. We still don't know. But in the end, I felt it went well. Even if she doesn't choice us, it was nice meeting her & we know she will make the best decision for her & her baby. We were her first couple she interviewed. This happened about 2 weeks ago & now we just wait. She is due Oct. 12th & she is having a boy. We will let you know when we find out.

2 comments:

  1. I am praying sooo sooo hard.. I hope this works out for you guys - can you imagine?! well, probably yes. I'm sure you've been 'imagining' the whole time you were away. :) I hope to see you tomorrow at QUILTING (if I ever wake up from the SLUMBER I'm hoping to fall into very shortly).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say Sara you are much stronger then I am. You look at things in such a wonderful way. I will pry for you. I love you guys so much and hope for the best.
    Cassi

    ReplyDelete