Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cruise


I should really be quilting right now, but I just can get the energy to get my sewing machine out. I have 16 blocks due tomorrow & I am not done. Instead I will tell everyone about our cruise. OMG!!! The cruise was so much fun. I actually miss it. I wish I was back on vacation relaxing & just being in beautiful weather. Before we left Brad & I wanted to upgrade our cabin to a cabin with a deck. We were originally on the 2nd floor inside cabin. Basically if we were on the titanic we would be dead. Well the Friday before we left Brad got a phone call from carnival asking if we want to upgrade to a penthouse & VIP status. Ummmmmmmmmmm!!! YES. We were then even more excited. We first went to CA to visit with Brad's brother Eric's family & had so much fun hanging out. I love Brad's family. I have been blessed with the BEST in-laws. They are amazing. We just hung out & talked & played with the kids. We went out to dinner to Macaroni Grill, yummy!!! We were able to go to church with them the next day as well. I just wish that all the Thomas' could live near each other. Oh, the fun we could have. Brad & I had to go back to LAX to take our shuttle to our cruise. When we got there we went straight to the VIP line, well what we thought was the VIP line & when we got in we found out that we were wrong & we had to go back out & find the VIP room to check in & then we got to get back in line to the VIP line. Basically VIP means, legal cuts in line to be first. Funny!!! We get on board & we are so excited. We have been counting down forever. We made it to our cabin & can we say HUGE!!! The bathroom had double sinks, jetted tub, a baday (can't spell) & a walk in closet. Nice & room. We then just walked around the ship to get acquainted. They had lunch & we ate. Then we took a nap. We were so tired. We choice to do the later dinner at 8:15 pm, instead of the 6 pm. Eating again. We sat with 3 other couples, a couple was newlyweds, & then the other 4 people were family. The newlyweds were so much fun. Come to find out the last day that the girl & I had the same birthday just 2 days apart. But anything. The first 2 days were at sea & it was just relaxing. Laying by the pool, trying to get sun without burning. When we got closer to Mexico it got so hot. Oh, so hot. We finally got to Puerto Vallerta & OMG it was so hot. I think I melted. But we went horse back riding & had a lot of fun. We had the opportunity to ride bare back & swim down a deep part of a river. We will post a video of it. We were in PV the longest. We left about 10 pm. We play miniature gold during sun down. So pretty. The next day we went to Mazatlan & that was interesting. We went to a Mexican show & then shopping & then we went to a hotel & had lunch & then layed out at the beach. Brad went in the ocean & played in the waves & I stayed on the beach watching our stuff. Oh & being bombarded by the locals trying to sell us stuff left & right. It was nuts. In fact it was VERY annoying. In fact that was our anniversary day. Still can't believe it has been 5 yrs. The next day was Cabo. Oh, so VERY hot. The hottest of all. We weren't going to get off, but we said why not. We just went off & walked around. That was only place we tendered. Then the next day was back at sea. In fact when we got up the next day it was freezing. We went from 90+ degrees to 65 degrees. NUTS... We packed & we ended up getting a couples message. Oh, so nice. Would love another one in fact. It was just a week of relaxing & being with each other. The greatest things was we didn't gain any weight. In fact I lost about 2 pounds. We took the elevates maybe twice. We used the stair the whole time & walked everywhere. Oh, the coolest thing when we were leaving PV there was the biggest storm with lightning & a lot of rain. We sat on our deck & just relaxed & enjoy the wonderful sun sets. We played card games & took naps outside. We did learn a lot while on the cruise & hope the next time we go we will know more what to do. I could go on & on about our trip. I am very thankful for the fun we had & that we were fortunate to do the cruise. We are thankful to be home & so are our dogs. Hopefully I will be able to post pictures. My computer can be a pain at times. Enjoy if we can post.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a nice time!! Sounds like the best vacation EVER!! I'm going with you next time. :) And I'm taking Brad's place in the couple's massage. ha ha ha!! Sounds so nice! Can't wait to hear more about it - and way cute picture by the way. :) Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete