Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hospital Stays

I feel my family is in & out of the hospital. My dad was in for about 4 days & now he is out. He ended up breaking his hip after a nasty fall on Sunday. He is sore to say the least. But he is home. It will be a long recovery, but I know he will get through it & will do fabulous. Next is my uncle. He isn't going to stay in the hospital, but he is having foot surgery & he will be laid up for awhile. My poor mother has 2 sick boys at home.
On Brad's side, he has a nephew (the cutest) who has been in & out of the hospital dealing with LCH (google it). He ended up having a bone marrow transplant on Monday & will now be in the hospital for a 100 days. This is of course the short part of the story. He has an amazing story that will have a happy ending. If you want to see his wonderful story just click on Miner Family to your right. He has been through so much & will continue to accomplish amazing things. He is in our prayers & can't wait till his WHOLE family comes back to Alaska. He is a champ. We love you & pray for you on a constant bases.
Happy to say that Brad & I aren't in the hospital. Well OK, I go there everyday, but am happy that they are paying me & me not paying them. One set of great news. We finally wrote the birth parent letter for adoption. It was time to get our butts in gear & write. We hope when we get back from our cruise (11 days away) we will have our home study & interviews & then the waiting game (hopefully not that long). We put our blog address on the application & I hope they enjoy our blog. Hope they're not scared. But that is what is new or old with us.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha! don't scare them off. :oP I'm glad that your nephew on Brad's side is going to have a happy ending. He is the cutest... and sweetest - like you said, you just love him! And I don't even know him. Knowing his story makes me want the BEST for him. I hope things keep going better and better for him. And I hope you guys stay out of the hospital. For non-work related problems. :P I'm praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete