Sunday, May 24, 2009

Till Next Year


I would love to start my blog off with we are pregnant. But not today. Maybe next year. We found out on Friday that our little divider didn't take. I did three pregnancy test that came back negative & the nurses at my work convinced me I needed a blood test to confirm. We know this isn't the end & will try again next year around July time. Since only one egg kind of was fertilized we are not going to do IVF per say, but ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection). Which means that the Dr. will take one sperm & inject it into the egg. We don't want to take the chances of only one egg getting fertilized. It is a little bit more expensive, but worth every penny if it works.
We were a little sad that it didn't work, but know that there are always reasons behind everything. It maybe small or big.
Now are focus is on our Mexico Cruise in August. I can now take Valium for my anxiety for flying, which I wouldn't have been able to do with a baby on board. We can now do excursions in Mexico & other fun things. 84 more days!!!
It will be 2 more years before a baby will grace our family & a lot can happen in that time. Maybe Brad will be on the Anchorage Fire Department & maybe I will be a school nurse. I know the Lord has a plan for us. We just need to be patient & willing to except what ever he throws at us.
We want to thank you all for the prayers & support. We love you all.

6 comments:

  1. We love you guys too! You have such a positive outlook on everything; focus on the positive. I admire you. :) Your Mexico cruise will be SOOOO FUN! I'm really excited for you two. Did Brad get you those flowers? they're beautiful (so whoever got them for you has great taste!). I'm excited to see what the next 2 years holds for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodi & Jessi have great taste!!! They are the best:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it didn't take, but it sounds like you have a great outlook on things and I'm sure that things will eventually work out for you. I'd still be interested in info on the doc if you ever get a chance, even though our plans for an ivf attempt or anything are on hold for now. anyway, have fun on your trip and good luck with future attempts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah P I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you had hoped, but you're right the Lord has a plan for us and although we can't see it... he always keeps his promises to us. We just have to trust in him and wait patiently. Sounds way easier than it actually is I know.. I just wanted to say I love you tons and I miss you two so much. Take care. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was GREAT to chat with you the other night! it's been too LONG, and we are neighbors. I'm a good friend eh!?

    you do have the BEST attitude! i admire you! i'm glad though that you will try again. we'll have to have you over soon for dinner k.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness I'm so sorry for your loss. :( You and your hubby will be in our prayers.

    P.S. I'm totally jealous that you are going on a cruise. :) I've never been on one!

    ReplyDelete