Friday, May 29, 2009

Too Much Drama for One Night

Tonight was suppose to be a relaxing night with my hubby & dogs. When I got home at 5.30 pm that was NOT the case. I had my 2 nieces with me & we were just hanging out, when I heard some weird dog wining & barking. I thought it was weird & so I went outside & investigated like a good nosy neighbor I am. When I looked through the fence I saw 2 pit-bulls attaching another pit bull dog. One dog was at the neck & the other was attaching the face. I called Brad immediately & he told me to call 911 & I did. They gave me animal control's number & I called them. I gave them my information, the neighbors information & they said they would be out in about an hour & half. He has to do something in Anchorage before coming into Eagle River. He also told me he would stop by our place to talk. The longest 1.5 hrs in my life happened. I called at 2 hrs later & they said they are probably on there way. Another hour went by & Brad & I had no more patience. Brad was out there keeping an eye on the dog & when the other dogs looked like they were going to do something, Brad yelled at them & banged on the fence. I called Animal Control, yet again, and was finally patched with an animal control person. They said that they went by & posted something on their door to inform the owners what was happening, but they aren't able to do anything because it is on personal property. I was livid when I heard this. They can look over the fence & see a dog suffering & can't do anything because it is on private property. I was like what... They said when the owners get home to give them a call & then they can help. Well low & behold about 10 minutes later the owners came home & Brad was able to get their attention & let them know what is going on. He went over to help them move the dog & I called animal control. The owners took the dog to Pet ER to get fixed up or do what they have to do. Animal Control then called us & told us that they have been in contact with the owners & called Pet ER to let them know that the dog was coming. Animal Control will come & get the other 2 dogs and have them put down. Come to find out, that the owners rescue abused pit bulls & try to train them to be good dogs. They started this after they lost a child. The dog that was attacked was there own dog that they rescued & kept. One of the owners just got home from major abdominal surgery. Talk about a night. But it is over after 3+ hours. I HATE seeing an animal in pain & even worse when you feel helpless. I pray that everything will go well, which ever the end may be. That was my drama filled night. GO FRIDAYS!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness. I would be crying my eyes out and screaming at those two mean dogs. You and Brad are such good people! I'm glad you were there to help; even though I can't IMAGINE how helpless you felt. ... I'm sorry for all the drama!! What a stupid idea to try to TRAIN pit bulls that have already been bad dogs... YIKES. There are good pit bulls, and then there are the scary pit bulls... Poor hurt dog!

    ReplyDelete