Saturday, May 9, 2009

Future Thomas


The EGG... What a small thing that can turn into a giant Thomas. I think Brad did 90 MPH down there. He was so excited. We left at like 4.30 pm & got there at about 7 pm with an hour to spare. So we thought why not get ice cream. We went to the local DQ & had a little something to kill time & then made our way to the apt. Dr. Anderson got to the apt at the same time as us. There was no more waiting. He is fact was in his scouting uniform, because he had to drop of some scouts at Anchor Point for a camp out. It went really well. Dr. Anderson was really nice & he even talked. Which most of you know that has been my biggest complaint, was his bedside manner. We talked about all kinds of stuff. He showed us the egg that he thinks will work (4 cell one) & that he is putting all of them in because he is. But only one is working. When he went to go put them in, I was dreading it. I know how very uncomfortable it can be, but I didn't feel a thing. Brad said he sprayed some stuff on my cervix & it numbed it right up. They were put in & I was told to lay on my stomach for 20-30 minutes, because my uterus sits anterior. Whatever. Then he had to go do rounds at the hospital & he told us to turn the lights out & make sure the door was closed behind us and left. There we were all alone in a clinic. Cool.

So now it is done & T-13 days till the big test. Dr. Anderson says he wanted the egg to divide again, but it didn't. Hopefully it will in uturo. I think it is a boy egg, because only boys would think, "I'll divided when I get around to it." If it was a girl egg, it would get it done & be divided!!! Now we wait. Thank you again everyone.

2 comments: