Friday, April 24, 2009

Three


Now I ask myself: Why am I doing this? Then I think, oh ya I want children. Today starts the stimulus drugs. I wish I was getting a stimulus check instead, but I am not. As you can tell my ovaries behaved themselves & so I have started my injections. There was miscommunication between the nurse & I & I was only suppose to give myself one shot a day for 5 days, but instead I had to do it for 9 days. Long story & very irritating. But I am over it & have begun. I am to do THREE shots for 5 days & then have an ultrasound/blood work to see if my ovaries are doing fantastic & at that point they will adjust my 3 shot doses & then wait a couple days & have another ultrasound/blood work & then decided from there, etc. etc. etc. You would think that giving myself shots for 9 days would prepare me for the big day of three. WRONG!!! I was more scared then I have EVER been. I just couldn't do it. Good thing Brad was there for moral support. He said he couldn't do it either (to me, not him). But I did it & I think I should get a gold star. The first two weren't so bad, but the last one burned & it is the longest shot to give. But it is over for now & 4 days to go for now. I am HOPING & PRAYING that my first ultrasound/blood work comes back perfect & I can go from there. But fat chance I am sure. Oh and I made a mistake tonight. Not a very good one. I was suppose to put 1ml of saline into the powder mix & I accidentally did 2 mls. Oops!!! I couldn't think of giving myself 4 shots. Because 2 mls in the belly is A LOT!!! It is official I am a pin cushion. I think this maybe my only go at IVF or a very sick way of getting over my fear of needles/shots. I keep tell myself that this is for a good reason. When I find out, I will let you all know. Because I ask you this, are you sure you want little Brad's & Sarah's roaming the earth. It can be scary. Now we just wait and see. Wish me luck...

2 comments:

  1. I wish you all the luck in the world!! After going through all those shots you BETTER get pregnant. My heck. I keep praying for you!! You are brave, and you deserve not only one, but TWO gold stars. ;) yep. two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! You're my hero! I am praying for you too. I think little Brad and Sarah's definately need to be running around this world!!! Something my mom told me once... "just desserts" something like that.. need to have a child just like you to experience what your parents had to go through.. :) Anyways keep up the good work.. I love you tons and you make me laugh! Not at you WITH you! You're laughing right?! Take care.

    ReplyDelete