Friday, April 10, 2009

I Swear They are Legal!!!


Today I received a box of torture. My medications... I don't know if people know this about me, but I hate getting shots and I am a nurse. In fact I don't do flu shots & I am over due for my tetanus. I think the Lord is getting back at me or playing a cruel joke. Also, if I get pregnant, my children better appreciate what I went through, because if not, I may have to give them 3 shots a day for 2 weeks in the stomach & then 1 shot a day for 7 wks in the butt. Yes, I said butt while blogging. So this is going to be my life for the next 2-3 weeks. Starting the 15th I start one injection a day for 5 days & then after that I do 3 injections for 2 wks. At day 1 I have an ultrasound to make sure my ovaries are behaving & didn't produce any cyst & if everything looks fabulous then I continue. So then at day 8 & 10 I will have another ultrasound & blood work to make sure my ovaries are happy & producing lovely cyst full of a fabulous eggs getting excited to come out. After that my doctor will determine when they are perfect enough & when they are, I will give my self a shot in my bottom or a friend from work (lucky them) will do the injection. Once the injection is given we have to be in Soldatno 36 hours later for egg retrieval & then growing the embryos. After that, we wait for 3-5 days for implantation. Then of course the waiting game to see if it took... But that is going to be our life the next couple of weeks. I pray that Brad will survive my hormonal change & crankiness. Which it can be easy. So if Brad calls you to move in, please remind him it is temporary. Well lets HOPE!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah although I know you hate shots I'm so excited for you guys! You will definately be in my prayers that all will go smoothly. :) Love you so much.. remember Brad our house is almost Empty so you could crash there! hahaha Take care. Good luck with all those shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! Sarah... you can DO THIS! :D I'm so sorry about all those shots! You are brave. and determined. I'm impressed. I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers! I hope so MUCH that this works. I want you guys to have a 'little you'! :)

    ReplyDelete