Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hello! Hello!

Do you ever wonder if your life was a musical what song would be playing though out the day. I wonder that & sometime I actually live it. One of my favorite songs that I play often in my mind when people want something or I am in an issue that I want out is the song from Black Eye Peas: Just shut up!!! I have it on my Ipod & I play it at work ALL the time. I wish at times that my life could be Glee & I can break out in song & dance & my life will be so much better. But not so. Anyway, I don't think people would want to hear me sing, let alone dance all day anyway.
A lot has been going on since the last time I have posted. I will start with adoption. Actually there isn't too much to write about. As of right now she still wants to place & she is due Dec. 5th. She did say at one time she wanted to meet us & we gave her sometimes & it didn't happen. The nice thing is she is the one contacting LDS Family Services & still tells them she wants to place. From what we have learn she is very quiet. Maybe it is a good thing we don't meet. I would probably break out in song & dance & she would go running for the hills. We would love to get excited but we hold back. We aren't going to name her until 11 days after she is born, because we will know she will be ours. Soooooo:):) We are going to call her a different name each day & see if one sticks. We may end up with a daughter named Bertha or Bubba. No, names we have thought of are Megan, Claire, Olivia, Sophia, Lilianna or whatever comes to mind. The nice thing is there is no hurry & we can have fun. I think we will start pacing in mid November. Our caseworker says that we will probably get a phone call telling us she is here & come get her. Which we don't mind. This adoption is so different from Aiden's. I kind of like it. The only probably is we won't really have any stories to tell this little girl about her birthparents. Not like with Aiden where we could tell him so many fun things about his birthmother. That is it for adoption.
Now on to the next exciting news. Ok, you may not think it is that exciting, but I sure do. The reason why I can't get pregnant is because of endometriosis. It is a crappy disease or what ever it is, it is CRAP & NOT FUN. You can google it. But this is how I describe it. It is chickweed. If you don't know what chickweed is, it is this 3 clove stuff that grows on your lawns. It is easy to pull up BUT it grows back even more & it is annoying. Well that is what I have. The only way that I have been taught to treat this stuff is to go in & burn it off. Well like chickweed the roots are still there & it will grow back & even more & then on top of that you can get adhesions. The adhesions is what has my ovaries, uterus & colan adhering together. So much fun. My doctor in Alaska gave us 2 options, 1. do a robotic procedure to go burn some more off or 2. do IVF. She says we need to know where we want our money to go. We didn't make our mind up, we just said ok we will adopted & if it gets bad enough we will have another operation. WELL:):) A couple of months ago I meet a girl that has the same problem & she told me about a doctor in Bend OR that specializes in endometriosis & instead of burning it off, he goes in & cuts out ALL of it. In fact we he doesn't leave the area until it is ALL gone. I went home & googled him & was impressed with his results & his research. I had to get all my medical records together & ship them to him & see what he says. He wrote back & says that I can come down & have surgery with him. I was thrilled. I called & scheduled surgery for Jan. 18th & booked our housing in these cute cottages. We are going to Bend OR. I can't even tell you how excited I am to get this stuff out of my body. This is were I break out in song: I am so excited!!! I will tell you this is not a fun thing to have. I pray it works. I am tired of being in pain. We picked January & not sooner, is because if we adopt then I will still be on FMLA & won't have to worry about vacation because I will already be on it. I am not looking forward to flying but you have to do what you have to do to get the medical care that you need.
The next song I would be singing right now is a hymn from church: Count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done. I am thankful for the blessing that I have received. I know at times Brad & I could have thrown in the towel, but we know that He is with us & has not nor ever turn his back on us, so we won't either. He is our Father in Heaven & He wants the very best for us & loves us dearly. We thank Him everyday & can't even express the gratitude. Thank you:)

6 comments:

  1. I'm keeping you in my prayers that this adoption will work out for you! And, hoping that the surgery goes well, too! Oh, and it's probably pretty obvious which name I like best! ;) TVB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. again... made me cry. You just can't stop making me tear up with these... but that's okay. I'll break out in song with you - ACTUALLY, that's kind of what the whole WARD did when Bishop Mauger changed the rest hymn to 241, right?? :) So funny. I turned back to Brad and said, "just so she can cry a little more!" how sad.. but you did FANTASTIC today. I love hearing you speak. You are inspiring. You have NO Idea how inspiring you can be, Sarah. I love you! The whole ward loves you. I know it! Don't roll your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see an update. Come December I'll be praying hard that you'll get your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!!!! I check your blog every day... more than once ususally. I was a little busy for the past couple days though and didn't realize you had updated again. I was very happy to see it today. I am VERY excited for you! For the hope of the adoption in Dec. AND the trip to OR. My friend here is going through the endometriosis CRAP...she is not having fun either! If she doesn't get things worked out here, I may have to get the info. on that dr. from you. :) OLIVIA, is actually one of the names that Devin had put on her list of names for Lauren. We really like that one. Whatever you choose for her will be music to ALL of our ears though. I will break out in song with you, the day the adoption is final!!! I think of you guys ALL the time, wish we lived closer. We will keep praying for you.
    Tons of Love,
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, let me tell you who I am... Brad and I went to , church, high school and seminary together... and I came across your blog from Lisa's. I read through your past posts and I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you both have to go through that! I'm learning more and more about adoption these days because my good friend here in VA has adopted 2 great kids! (one open, and one closed adoption) They said that the closed adoption was a much easier transition for them, as well as their son... so I hope that this one works out for you two!

    Anyway, my heart goes out to you for all that you've been through with the "close call". I can't even imagine having to deal with that as a trial... so just know that, even though you and I have never met, I'm thinking and praying for you and Brad. Hang in there.
    ~KaLisi Grover Trentadue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! i came across your blog from Lisa Miner's and I'm REALLY curious to know who the doctor is in Bend Oregon that you are going to see. We have 3 adopted kids and I am not looking to go for fertility reasons but for just pain removal!!! I googled endometriosis in Bend Oregon and came across some doctor with the last name redwine, or something like that. Is he the one??? I'd really like to know. Also, did he mention cost. The website i came across didn't really mention cost. you can email me at mahana.petersen@gmail.com

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete