Wednesday, May 6, 2009

5-5-5-5

Five seems to be my lucky number. Brad had to give me my trigger shot at 5 am, we had to be in Soldatna by 5 pm on the 5th of May & Dr. Andersen was able to get 5 eggs. I do know this, I will NOT be pregnant with 5 babies... I have to say this, it wasn't the best thing in the world to experience. It took 2 tries to start an IV. The first one was cursed with, "Oh, you have such big veins, this will be easy." Wrong. Then the meds went in, which of course burned & then I felt drunk... I just wanted to go to sleep. Fat chance. I was awake for it all. He started with harvesting the eggs & that wasn't the funniest. It hurt like the dickens. They offered me more drugs, but I don't know which was worse the burning of the meds in my veins or a needle going in & out of my ovaries. The ovaries won!!! I just wanted it to be over. Brad was a great support. He was my rock, my hero, my everything. I couldn't have asked for a better husband. In the end, they were able to get 5 eggs, 4 big ones & 1 small one. Which Brad says is me. I laughed my drunk/drug self. After they received both of our junk, they will wash it & then let it sit in an incubator for 4 hrs & then combine them & we will get a call about 36 hrs later with any news. Needless to say, I have been on pins & needles all day. But they say you don't want a call early because it may not have worked. So I don't mind the wait at ALL!!! Starting 10 am tomorrow I will be biting my nails off & pulling my hair out waiting for the call.
Over all, it went well. I am thankful for this opportunity to have children & hope & pray that it works. Now I pray for our little dividers.

1 comment:

  1. go little dividers, GO!!! What an exciting post. pain, drugs, heros, and dividers. My oh my!! :) I'm sorry it was so painful, though!! I wish I could take some of it away from you.. but you are incredible! I'm praying for your dividers too!!

    ReplyDelete